Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Since this year's Thanksgiving falls on the 27th, I have compiled a list of 27 things I am thankful for. Don't worry, I won't be annoying and write "I am thankful for...." 27 times.

I am thankful for:

1. Kassie being able to come to Florida with us. It has been absolutely crazy and amazing and completely random, and it's going to be great.
2. God being ever-present. Without God, I have no idea where I would be.
3. the continued support of my parents. They are always right there with me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
4. the ability to breathe on my own. Yeah, some people aren't as fortunate, so I'm glad I was blessed with it.
5. the healthy dose of stress I get from my little bro. You know, even though he can get on my last nerve and annoy me to death, I love him and he really is one cool kid.
6. the little extra craziness added to my life my twin friends who don't really fit my created system. Sometimes those two boys just drive me insane, and I have no idea about what to do. But they have some of the biggest hearts in the world, and they know exactly what to say to make you feel better.
7. God's constant encouraging word. It's always there to get me through the day. It's amazing how when we are going through stuff, and we'll remember a verse that helps us along.
8. my ability to entertain people with my writing. It feels great when you are able to make something that makes people laugh or cry or just feel better. It's pretty awesome.
9. trials that I have gone through. Yeah, I know they still hurt, and when I'm going through them, this thought is extremely far away from my mind. But then I realize that the trials make me a much better person, not only before God, but to others.
10. the ability to work with the school system. There are a lot of people out there who just hate school or they are continually failing in it. And so, those people are considered dumb/stupid/lazy/come up with your own word. But not all those people are what others think they are. Sure, there are some people who just hate school period. But a lot of students just don't work the school system's way. The school system is designed for literary learners only. God has blessed me with a gift there, but not all are designed that way.
11. the courage to get up on stage. There some statistic out there about how many people would get up on stage. All I remember is that 90%+ said no. So, I'm glad I'm in the smaller percentage. There's also a saying my director says all the time. "If it was so easy, everyone would do it!".
12. grandparents who are overflowing with wisdom, kindness, and love. I'm so glad that I still have all four grandparents around. They are a great help during this life.
13. the ability to feel. Yeah, things are going to start getting pretty random/crazy here. It's weird, but after about ten, you have to really start thinking. You have to get on the simple level. So I wonder, "What would it be like if I couldn't feel love, heat, anger, or cold?". Something to be thankful for...
14. my amazing friends. Wow, I could go on and on about that. God has placed me with some absolutely fantastic people, and I am so thankful for each and every one of you!
15. the person who started the concept of homeschooling. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it didn't say. But God knows, so you know.
16. my love for reading and learning. A lot of people just hate both, but because of God and my parents and grandparents instilling that into me as a child, I hunger for it.
17. the wonderful teachers I have had all my life. Yet again, another amazing group who increased my thirst for knowledge.
18. time and the organization is brings about. Yeah, I know we have gotten overtly concerned about what time it is, and being completely controlled by time. But I think the original idea of being more organized by time is something we all need.
19. not having to go through the pain of being a girl. I'm not going to spend too much time here, seeing as how I am no expert. But just from what I hear from my friends, it's just another reason it's great to be a guy.
20. the excitement of something new. Yeah, by now, it's just trying to fill in the blanks. But I mean, it is something to be thankful for. Without the excitement, everything would be pretty mellow.
21. the simplicity of pen and paper. Well.....I mean....it's true! I love my computer and technology and all, but there's just something about the good ol' pen and paper.
22. our free will. Life just wouldn't mean the same without it, that's for sure.
23. the feeling of you using your mind and body to play sports. It fascinates me to think about all the processes our body goes through just to shoot a basketball or hit a homerun. It's truly amazing.
24. the beauty of babies. Well, it's true! I mean, who can resist smiling when they see a sleeping or smiling baby? Sure, it's pretty easy when they are screaming their brains out, but you know.
25. the ability to go to the bathroom by myself. I was desperate, all right?! Seriously, some people have some issues there. Just trying to look at the simple things in life.
26. music and the inspiration it brings. There's just something about music. I just can't explain it. For some reason, it affects people in so many ways, it just draws you in.
27. each day.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, and God Bless!

P.S. If you want to, send me a comment about 27 things you are thankful for!
|
This entry was posted on 10:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On November 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous said...

hahaha, I love #19! you are wise beyond your years jon... most guys don't realize the truth of that statement till much later =P hahaha